In early March, before the coronavirus impacted our way of life, we prepared to launch a bold fundraising effort to raise $100,000 over the next several months that would enhance our capacity to build upon programs, deepen connections, and increase community impact while fulfilling our mission of engaging, enriching, and inspiring our community through musical performance, education, and outreach. This fundraising effort is proceeding with a new sense of urgency to ensure that the Arapahoe Phil is ready to hit the ground running with community programming as soon as we are able.
The first phase is our annual Spring Matching Campaign. For the third year, a generous anonymous donor has provided an added giving incentive, offering to match all donations dollar-for-dollar up to $20,000 through June 30! This will be our most ambitious challenge yet, with even more at stake as COVID-19 could have severe ramifications for our organization and our community.
We realize this is an uncertain time for everyone, but if you are able, could you consider making a gift this spring? Your contribution will have an enormous impact on our ability to come out the other side of this pandemic in a position to once again offer top-notch programming for you, for area students, and for the community. We are grateful for your friendship, patronage, and any gift you can make during this time.
Support during this time will allow us to:
- Pay our principal musicians through the end of the 19-20 season as planned, despite the inability to present performances and earn ticket revenue
- Continue employing our staff and paying necessary business expenses like office rent, utilities, and insurance
- Create online programming so we can remain musically connected with you over the coming weeks – check our our Music Connects page!
- Prepare for the 2020-2021 concert season
- Adapt community outreach programs so that we can stay connected with our partners like senior living facilities during this time
Thank you for making it possible for the Arapahoe Phil to serve our south metro Denver community with music for over 65 years. This legacy is one you helped to create and nurture. We will get through this together and come out stronger from it. We can’t wait to see you in the concert hall again soon!
All contributions up to $20,000 will be matched dollar-for-dollar by an anonymous donor!