Friday, April 14, 2023, 11 a.m.
Hope United Methodist
5101 S Dayton St. Greenwood Village, CO 80111
School and group registration is FULL! If you would like to be put on the waiting list in case another group cancels, or receive a video of the concert for use in your classroom, please email Corinne Denny at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be on the lookout for hungry tanukis and magical violins as the Arapahoe Phil and the Japanese Arts Network take your students on a journey to Japan and back! We’ll learn about traditional Japanese instruments, the instruments of the orchestra, and how our differences make us stronger! This show is appropriate for students ages 5-12 and includes interactive song and dance.
Margaret Ozaki Graves
Devin Patrick Hughes
John Clay Allen
Margaret Ozaki as Tamiko
James Brunt as Bunbuku
Schools and educational groups will receive priority, reserved seating. Seating is assigned in order of reservation receipt and payment. Click the button above to register!
The public may purchase tickets at a cost of $7 per student and $17 teacher/adult. Please contact the Arapahoe Philharmonic office at 303-781-1892 or email email@example.com if your school needs a scholarship.
The Arapahoe Philharmonic has a deep commitment to music education, and educating our children and youth is an integral part of our mission. Colorado State Music Standards 3 (Theory of Music) and 4 (Aesthetic Valuation of Music) will be the educational focus of the concert. We believe the Arapahoe Philharmonic has the most hands-on children’s concert in the south Denver metro area.
PLEASE NOTE: Photos are taken at this event that will be used for the Arapahoe Philharmonic’s marketing, communications, and fundraising purposes.
Post Concert Video Contest
After the concert, your class or individual students can extend the Discovery Concert experience by creating a video to submit to the Arapahoe Philharmonic.
Who can enter?
Any student who attended the concert
What are the prizes?
- We will post the winning submissions on the Arapahoe Philharmonic website and social media.
- The winner will receive four tickets to a Fall 2023 Arapahoe Philharmonic Concert.
What should the video be about?
The video can take many creative forms:
- talking about their favorite part of the concert
- singing a song they created about the concert
- reading a poem they created about the concert
- using animation to do any of the above
- giving a montage with voiceover of art the children created about the concert
How long can the video be?
Videos should be between 1 to 3 minutes long, no more.
What is the deadline?
Wednesday, April 26 by 5:00 pm.
When will winners be announced?
We will announce winners by Friday, May 12.
How do you enter?
- Email videos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Video Contest in the subject line.
- Each child who enters must include a note from a parent giving permission for the video to be on the Arapahoe Philharmonic website. The note can be in the message of the email submission.
- Include the child’s name, age, grade, school, parent name and parent phone number.