This Play-In with the Arapahoe Phil is a full orchestra experience combining high school students, community adult players and members of the Arapahoe Philharmonic!
Who: Open to all Douglas and Arapahoe County high school students (up to 30 from each county) in grades 9 through 12, as well as avocational adult players from the community.
When: Sunday, October 23, 2016, from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Chaparral High School, 15655 Brookstone Drive, Parker, CO 80134
Why: An opportunity to mix students, adults and the Arapahoe Phil for a day full of rehearsals and a free performance for families and friends!
Cost: $5 per participant
Deadline: Monday, October 10, 2016, but don’t wait — limited space is available on stage!
How: Apply online through the button below. No audition necessary!
Registration is now closed.
The number of players is limited by instrumentation and space on stage, and is determined by registration order within each instrument group.
Schedule for the Day:
- 12:00–1:30 p.m. Sectionals with the Arapahoe Philharmonic principals
- 1:45–2:30 p.m. Rehearsal with Devin Patrick Hughes, Arapahoe Philharmonic Conductor, and AP principals and section players: Beethoven strings and woodwinds only
- 1:45–2:20 p.m. Brass and percussion sectional on Finlandia in Band Room with brass principals
- 2:30–3:40 p.m. Full rehearsal on stage
- 3:40–4:00 p.m. Break
- 4:00–5:45 p.m. Full rehearsal (When Devin is working on the Beethoven, trombones and tubas will rehearse Finlandia.)
- 5:45–6:15 p.m. Dinner break — pizza provided by the Arapahoe Philharmonic and SCFD
- 6:30 p.m. Info-Concert (30 minutes) — Free for all your family and friends!
Concert dress is the Play-In t-shirt (participants will receive this upon check-in on Oct. 23) and jeans.
Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 in C minor, first movement
Jean Sibelius: Finlandia
Repertoire must be completely prepared by participants before October 23. Please do not apply if you cannot commit to being musically prepared before noon sectionals.
- Click on the Registration Button above and apply online. Don’t forget to hit submit on the application form!
- If your section is full and the Arapahoe Phil is unable to accept you, you will be notified immediately and put on an “Alternate” list.
- If accepted, instructions will be emailed to you on how to download your marked/bowed music. Print a copy of each selection and practice. Be sure to bring your music with you on October 23.
- When you check-in at Chaparral High School on October 23, the $5 registration fee will be collected and you will receive your Play-In t-shirt.
Call Gail Sindelar at 303-229-2578