This Play-In with the Arapahoe Phil is a full orchestra experience combining high school students, community adult players and members of the Arapahoe Philharmonic!
Who: Open to all Douglas and Arapahoe County high school students in grades 9 through 12, as well as avocational adult players from the community. Space is limited!
When: Saturday, October 14, 2017, from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Gateway High School, 1300 S. Sable Blvd., Aurora 80112
Cost: $5 per participant
Deadline to register: Wednesday, October 4, 2017, but don’t wait — limited space is available on stage!
How: Apply online through the button below. No audition necessary!
The number of players is limited by instrumentation and space on stage, and is determined by registration order within each instrument group.
Schedule for the Day:
- 12:00–1:00 p.m. Sectionals with the Arapahoe Philharmonic principals
- 1:05–2:30 p.m. Rehearsal with Devin Patrick Hughes, Arapahoe Philharmonic Conductor, and AP principals and section players
- 2:40–3:30 p.m. Sectionals
- 3:40–5:15 p.m. Full rehearsal
- 5:20–6:00 p.m. Dinner break — pizza! cookies!
- 6:30 p.m. Info-Concert (30 minutes) — Free for all your family and friends!
Concert dress is the Play-In t-shirt (participants will receive this upon check-in on Oct. 14) and jeans.
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker – Waltz of the Flowers and Trepek
Antonin Dvorak: Symphony No. 8 –First Movement
Gustav Holst: The Planets – Jupiter
Repertoire must be completely prepared by participants before October 14. Please do not apply if you cannot commit to being musically prepared before noon sectionals.
- Click on the Registration Button above and apply online. Don’t forget to hit submit on the application form!
- If your section is full and the Arapahoe Phil is unable to accept you, you will be notified immediately and put on an “Alternate” list.
- If accepted, instructions will be emailed to you on how to download your marked/bowed music. Print a copy of each selection and practice. Be sure to bring your music with you on October 14.
- When you check-in at Gateway High School on October 14, the $5 registration fee will be collected and you will receive your Play-In t-shirt.
Contact Jess Allen, Play-In Coordinator