Special Opportunity – Summer Orchestra Festival 2018
The Arapahoe Philharmonic will return for a second year to the City of Avon’s Fireworks Celebration on Tuesday, July 3, 2018! If you would like to audition to be a part of our string section for this opportunity, please prepare a video audition of the excerpts provided below and send the video link and a music resume to email@example.com by June 1, 2018.
Attendance is required at all rehearsals for participation:
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 7:00-10:00pm – STRINGS ONLY
- Thursday, June 28, 2018, 7:00-10:00pm – STRINGS ONLY
- Saturday, June 30, 2018, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Monday, July 2, 2018, 7:00-10:00pm
- Tuesday, July 3, 2018 concert at 7:30pm (sound check time to be announced)
Rehearsals will be held at the Englewood High School Band Room, 3800 S. Logan St., Englewood, CO 80113.
The concert takes place in H.A. Nottingham Park Pavilion in Avon, CO.
- Violin 1 excerpts – Summer Orchestra Festival 2018
- Violin 2 excerpts – Summer Orchestra Festival 2018
- Viola excerpts – Summer Orchestra Festival 2018
- Cello excerpts – Summer Orchestra Festival 2018
- Bass excerpts – Summer Orchestra Festival 2018
- Trumpet: solo of choice + 3 orchestral excerpts in contrasting style
- Other wind, brass and percussion openings will be posted around April 15.
Audition to be a part of the Arapahoe Phil! We rehearse on Tuesday evenings from 7:30–10 p.m. at South Suburban Christian Church in Littleton. We also have required Friday evening (7:30–10 p.m.) dress rehearsals during concert weeks.
If you are interested in auditioning for the Arapahoe Philharmonic, call the office at 303-781-1892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
SECTION PLAYER/SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS (UNPAID)
- Section Violin | Excerpts
- Section Viola | Excerpts
- Second Flute | Excerpts
- Piccolo | Excerpts
- Section Trumpet | Solo of choice + 3 contrasting orchestral excerpts
- Section Percussion
Auditions for instruments not listed above will be heard for the sub list as opportunity allows.
Anyone interested in scheduling and audition time should contact the AP office at 303-781-1892 or email@example.com. Please send a musical resume. Thank you!