The Arapahoe Philharmonic, the premiere community-based orchestra of the Denver Metro area, encourages all musicians, professional and amateur alike to join our ranks and our mission to engage, enrich, and inspire.
For any musician looking to cultivate their musical and performance skills, the Arapahoe Philharmonic provides artistic development for all of our orchestra members. See below for position and section openings at the Phil.
New members of all instruments may submit a choice of 5-10 standard orchestral excerpts (+solo is optional).
PRINCIPAL PLAYER POSITIONS (PAID) | View the Principal Musician Job Description
- Concertmaster/Leader | Concertmaster-Prescreening-Excerpts
- Principal Trombone |Principal-Trombone-Prescreening
- Principal Bassoon | Principal-Bassoon-Prescreening
- Principal Tuba | Principal-Tuba-Prescreening
SECTION PLAYER/SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS (PAID AND UNPAID)
- Section Violin (leadership position(s) may be available – inquire if interested) | Excerpts
- Section Viola | Excerpts
- Section Cello | Short solo work of your choice + excerpts
- Section/Substitute Third Flute/Piccolo | Flute solo of choice + piccolo excerpts
- Substitute Horn | Solo of choice + 3 contrasting orchestral excerpts
- Section Percussion | Excerpts
Auditions for instruments not listed above will be heard for the sub list as opportunity allows. Check back for other opportunities throughout the year.
- At this time, all preliminary paid position auditions and all volunteer auditions will be conducted virtually.
- Please send your resume, pre-screening videos link(s), and questions to email@example.com
- Video and audio should be recorded in higher quality when possible.
- Files should be uploaded to Google Drive.
- Please see individual PDFs above for more info.
- Auditionees selected for the final round of concertmaster auditions will be invited to perform with the AP at a 2021 concert.